New to Our Studio?
NOTE: Please click here for Studio Application / Release. Print, complete and bring to the studio on your first visit. The first step is yours, come see us today. READ BELOW for tips on your first visit.
We welcome all new students and strive to forge personal relationships by engaging in your yoga goals. A seasoned instructor will assess your history and guide you towards the program that best suits your own personal needs- all you need to do is ask!
Our intent is not to try to bend you into a pretzel, it is for you to move through the practice the best that you can. Practicing yoga with us, you will learn to let go of that voice inside your head that tells you “I can’t”. After a few classes you will begin to see the dynamic changes that unfold in your life, while finding “You Can”.
- YES, you can lose weight.
- YES, you can get in shape.
- YES, you can start feeling more energy throughout the day.
- YES, you can create the life you’ve dreamed of.
At Hot Yoga, it’s not simply about the class, it’s about the experience. Friendly, knowledgeable staff, strong and empathetic instructors, superior facilities, keen attention to our students unique physiologies and needs, our sense of community AND our climate controlled, heated classes separate us from other yoga studios.
You should be at least 18 years of age, or be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian to attend a Hot Yoga class. If you are under the age of 18, parental approval is mandatory.
You must register for class online to reserve your spot. If the class is full you will be added to the wait list and notified if a spot has become available (ensure your settings in the app/online account have the button checked for email/text updates). By signing into class you are agreeing to our COVID19 liability release which will be posted at the front desk. Because of the limited class size, students must have a credit card on file to participate in classes, and will incur a $15 charge for any “no-show”. Students will need to sign out of a class at least 2 hours prior to the start of class to avoid a “no-show” charge.
If you have a class card and have a no show/late cancel the system will deduct a class from your class card as used.
VERY IMPORTANT FOR FIRST TIMERS
Please be sure to hydrate throughout the day. Water, water, WATER! Although we emphasize not having a meal two hours before class, this does NOT mean to go four or more hours without eating anything and then engage in an activity such as Hot Yoga. Your body needs electrolytes and carbohydrates to produce energy and provide you with the ability to do the classes. The class can be challenging, but very rewarding – we recommend keeping your body “fueled” by having an energy bar or fruit with some complex carbs about two hours before class, and then enjoy a sports drink with electrolytes within an hour or so of class. Make sure your first class is fun and invigorating!
Following is a list of what to wear, bring and expect:
- Women wear shorts or leggings and a sports bra or tank.
- Men wear swimsuits or shorts.
- Sweats are not healthy in this environment and NEVER permitted.
- Bring a large towel, yoga mat, and water bottle (we rent/sell all of these).
- Come to class on with an empty stomach; no meals for two hours before class.
- Expect to sweat and feel sweetly fatigued, calm, peaceful and happy!
- Arrive 15 minutes early your first day for orientation.
- Come prepared to sweat, laugh, relax, learn and have fun!
To help enhance the practice of each student and to aid in creating a collective experience for the harmony of our community, please observe the following guidelines. Our main goal at Hot Yoga Bowling Green is for our students to enjoy your time at the Studio.
- As a general rule, try to arrive at least 10 minutes early. If this is not possible, please call and let us know. Entering class late is disruptive to others as well as to your own practice.
- The Studio doors will be locked during class times unless we are notified that you are running late to class.
- Class members please park in the side lot to the left of the Studio. This lot has ample space, is a very short walk to the front door, and keeps the spaces in front of our neighbors open. If you have a disability, you are welcome to use the spaces directly in front of the Studio. Parking lot in rear of building is the private property of Rosewood Health Care.
- Sign in as soon as you arrive for class. Payment for classes, water, etc. will be received at reception area upon arrival.
- No shoes inside the building, please. In yoga, it is necessary for students to put hands and face on the floor. Please place shoes/socks in designated area at front door or dressing rooms.
- Please do not bring your cell phone or pagers into Hot Yoga. This is your time away from the outside world to relax and be stress free. In the event of an emergency, you may leave your phone or pager at the reception area.
- Please enter the yoga room in silence, as your practice and class begins as soon as you enter the room. So begin class by lying down in silent meditation, prayer or stretching as you wait for class to begin. This is YOURTIME.
- No strong colognes or perfumes, as this may disrupt the purity of the yoga space.
- Mats and towels are mandatory for hygiene.
- Water or sports drink is required for hydration, as this is a very cleansing experience.
- No food within 2 hours before class. Drink plenty of water throughout your day. Water, WATER, WATER! Please be sure you have eaten properly during the day, also. Do NOT expect to go for 4 or more hours without eating anything and then engage in an activity such as Hot Yoga. You need electrolytes and carbohydrates in your system for energy to actually do the class. You must keep yourself fueled, so eat a snack or energy bar about 2 hours prior to class, and then enjoy a sports drink or light juice about an hour or so before class. Drink water throughout the class, and lie down or sit as you need to regain your breath and strength. Pace yourself. Be kind to yourself, and do NOT compete within the yoga room.
- Please stay in the yoga room the entire class. If you must leave the room, please discretely exit between postures and not during, informing the instructor. Exiting the room during class disturbs the energy, focus, concentration and discipline which you and your fellow students strive to achieve. Your body receives undo stress; shocked by the sudden exposure to a 30 degree temperature change. If you feel faint, sit down on your mat, focus on your breathing, hydrate, and rejoin the group in the postures when you are ready. If you are leaving class early, let the instructor know before class, and set up directly by the door so that your early exit is less disruptive to others.
- At the end of the class, leave your space clean of any moisture. Please wipe up any puddles of sweat you have created and bring more towels next time to minimize this. Take care to remove any items you may have brought with you to class.
- If you are showering after class, please limit showers to 4 minutes. You must exit the premises before the next class begins – this is to ensure the safety of everyone’s belongings. If there is not a class following, we ask that you respect the teacher’s schedule and leave no more than 20 minutes after your class and take all personal belongings including mats home with you.
- Please feel free to ask questions or make suggestions before or after class. Introduce yourself to teachers you have not met and let us know how you are doing routinely.
Without love, without humor, yoga is just a lot of hard work. Do not be too serious. Be kind and loving to yourself by accepting where you are. Rest, relax, enjoy. Do what you can, with what you have, where you are today. Abandon the competitive mindset. Your mat is your mirror; do not look left or right. Keep your mind set on your own practice. When the day comes that you leave knowing only your practice, that is the day you practiced to your best ability.
We appreciate you, your participation, and all your effort.